child abuse and neglect certification
This training module is specially prepared for you, a Virginia teacher who is mandated, by law, to report suspected child abuse and neglect, and who is required by Section 22.1-298.8 of the Code of Virginia to complete child abuse and neglect study as part of your licensure process.
This curriculum has been approved by both the Virginia Department of Education and the Virginia Department of Social Services as meeting the required curriculum guidelines for teacher licensure certification.
After completing the module, please print a copy of the certificate for your records for your license renewal. You will also receive 5 professional development points for completing this module.
VDOE Dyslexia awareness training module
The purpose of this module is to provide awareness training regarding the definition, indicators, evidence-based intervention, and accommodations of dyslexia. Limited information will be provided on screening students with potential reading problems as well. Please click the link on the left to begin the module.
After completing the module, you will be prompted to enter your full name for your certificate. Please print a copy of the certificate for your records for your license renewal. You will also receive 5 professional development points for completing this module.
Westmoreland county public schools technology certification
Part One: Technology Terms to Know Assessment
Part Two: Ethical/Legal Assessment
Complete this true false assessment on ethical/legal components of using technology correctly.
Part Three: Technology Lesson Plan
To satisfy these requirements, please complete and submit the following for review:
Please submit a lesson plan, using the form to the right, that clearly states the following:
1. Explain the technology you have chosen to use as part of your lesson;
2. Where you found the technology and how you evaluated it to determine that you would use it in this lesson.
3. How you plan to use this technology to meet the needs of diverse learning styles.
Here are some IDEAS to fulfill the requirements:
1. Demonstrate an effective lesson integrating an Interactive Whiteboard activity.
2. Demonstrate an effective strategy incorporating a collaborative online learning environment (i.e. wiki, web 2.0 technology such as google docs)
3. Conduct an activity that has students create content in a digital presentation integrating multimedia (student created content driven video).
4. Use your class page to post a lesson and have students use resources from your class page.
5. Integrate United Streaming clips into a lesson plan and create a blog about what they have learned.
Part Four: Online Assessment
Create an online assessment using the Internet, PowerSchool Assessment, etc. and explain how you will use the data based on your results.